let’s be honest
solas totally dresses like a dad who forces his kids to go hiking 6am sat morning
Hey everyone! First post for Dragon Age News and I would like to give away a couple Dragon Age Keep Beta codes!!! :D All you have to do is follow me and re-blog this so you are eligible to win when I randomly select two of you lovely people this Sunday!
So I was explaining my gender-fluidity to my grandmother
- Me: So sometimes I'm a boy, but sometimes I'm a girl.
- Grandma: I have enough idiot granddaughters already
- Grandma: But I also have enough idiot grandsons, so having an idiot who isn't really either one is kind of refreshing.
- *then later*
- My mom: Alex, can you come pick up these LEGOs?
- Me: Yeah... *doesn't move at all*
- Grandma: Katie, go pick up the LEGOs
- Me: Yeah, alright *goes to pick up LEGOs*
- Grandma: See, you addressed the boy, but I addressed the girl. Boys are lazy, girls get crap done.
When you are 13 years old,
the heat will be turned up too high
and the stars will not be in your favor.
You will hide behind a bookcase
with your family and everything left behind.
You will pour an ocean into a diary.
When they find you, you will be nothing
but a spark above a burning bush,
still, tell them
Despite everything, I really believe people are good at heart.
When you are 14,
a voice will call you to greatness.
When the doubters call you crazy, do not listen.
They don’t know the sound
of their own God’s whisper. Use your armor,
use your sword, use your two good hands.
Do not let their doubting
drown out the sound of your own heartbeat.
You are the Maid of Untamed Patriotism.
Born to lead armies into victory and unite a nation
like a broken heart.
When you are 15, you will be punished
for learning too proudly. A man
will climb onto your school bus and insist
your sisters name you enemy.
When you do not hide,
he will point his gun at your temple
and fire three times. Three years later,
in an ocean of words, with no apologies,
you will stand before the leaders of the world
and tell them your country is burning.
When you are 16 years old,
you will invent science fiction.
The story of a man named Frankenstein
and his creation. Soon after you will learn
that little girls with big ideas are more terrifying
than monsters, but don’t worry.
You will be remembered long after
they have put down their torches.
When you are 17 years old,
you will strike out Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig
one right after the other.
Men will be afraid of the lightening
in your fingertips. A few days later
you will be fired from the major leagues
because “Girls are too delicate to play baseball”
You will turn 18 with a baby on your back
leading Lewis and Clark
across North America.
You will turn 18
and become queen of the Nile.
You will turn 18
and bring justice to journalism.
You are now 18, standing on the precipice,
trembling before your own greatness.
This is your call to leap.
There will always being those
who say you are too young and delicate
to make anything happen for yourself.
They don’t see the part of you that smolders.
Don’t let their doubting drown out the sound
of your own heartbeat.
You are the first drop of a hurricane.
Your bravery builds beyond you. You are needed
by all the little girls still living in secret,
writing oceans made of monsters and
throwing like lightening.
You don’t need to grow up to find greatness.
You are stronger than the world has ever believed you to be.
The world laid out before you to set on fire.
All you have to do
I’m so sick of seeing people say “feminism is about *~*equality*~*!!!”
The end goal of feminism IS equality, but feminism itself is about liberation: from white supremacy, from homophobia, from sexism, from ableism and all other forms of oppressive thought and behavior.
Without first dismantling the systems that keep us oppressed, equality is impossible.
a discussion on sexual orientation
- me: *explaining various sexual orientations to a classmate*
- classmate: wait, what's polyamory?
- me: well, it's when someone has more than one intimate relationship at a time with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved.
- professor: *overhears from front of class*
- professor: that is d i s g u s t i n g
- me: *defensively* um, actually, no it's--
- professor: how DARE they put a greek prefix on a latin root like that?! What right do they have to decimate my beautiful antiquated languages?!?! GREEK AND LATIN DO NOT FRATERNIZE THIS IS LIKE THAT STUPID ROMANTIC SUBPLOT BETWEEN THAT DWARF AND THAT ELF IN THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!
- me: ....
- me: ....
- me: ....
- professor: it should be polyerosy